TotalTrax BXOptimize Battery Monitoring System is a battery optimization tool used to deliver vital insights to fleet and warehouse managers to act, monitor and report on batter conditions. These insights are essential in helping managers to identify the source of the problem and ways to improve the battery life, utilization, bottom line, business goals and reduce operational costs.
3 Levels of Insights:
Goal #1: Maximize battery life and life cycles
BXOptimize can positively impact capital costs by:
- Reducing unnecessary charging and charging cycles
- Reducing premature pull-off
- Reducing overcharging that causes overheating/boiling over events
- Identifying problem trucks that drain batteries abnormally
- Identifying problem operators that do not charge timely/correctly or abuse batteries by the way they use the truck.
- Identifying problem batteries that over/undercharge or short cycle.
- Calculating the number of battery cycles, disconnects, temperature/boiling measurements, rates of discharge
- Delivering data that can be used for cost/benefit analysis and KPI development
Goal #2: Reduce the cost of charging batteries
BXOptimize provides valuable insight into by:
- Monitoring the number of charging occurrences, charging time and current levels of power consumed that equate the cost of charge to identify areas of improvement
- Calculating the cost of amp/hrs. by the time of day, day of the week, or other parameters you set
- Scheduling charging at the best time to minimize cost and improve fleet optimization.
Goal #3: Maximize battery utilization
BXOptimize can positively improve battery charges by:
- Identifying batteries with low utilization rates
- Optimizing charge timing
- Producing a charging schedule to maximize battery/truck uptime.