An Impact Data Logger used to monitor and record impact, shock, vibration and environmental conditions subjected to any structure and equipment during use, transit, and storage. The ShockLog® 298 sends an alert to its operators and recipient upon detecting potential impact, calling for an immediate inspection and remediation. The data logger features a user-programmable impact scale and frequency filters, providing users with flexibility. It also showcases peak value (time slot) and a summary of period journey profile data. This cable-free data longer is equipped with sensors to record direction, amplitude, and duration of impact force, peak acceleration values for the X, Y and Z axis on a time basis. It features a capacity of recording these complex impact curves of up to 870 events and 262,000-time slots.
The recorded data can be accessed via a USB connection or iButton® interface. This interface provides easy setup, download and operation of the ShockLog® 298. A full journey report can also be downloaded through the interface while keeping the unit secured and tamperproof. Besides, users can gain complete programming control and full data access through the Windows®-based ShockLog software. The recorded data helps users determine baseline damage boundaries, identify and assign accountability for mishandled and damaged goods during use, transit, and storage. Furthermore, the analysis of these data also helps identify opportunities for improvement for the loading process, product packaging, carriers or mode of transport to improve cost and minimise damage.
Optional sensors can also be customised to enhance the functions of the ShockLog® 298, providing extended intelligence and data recording:
- Temperature, humidity, pressure, tilt and roll sensors
- ShockLog® Satellite to record positioning, time and location for every event and summary interval through a GPS module
- ShockLog ® Cellular for real-time, out of tolerance condition alerts
- Radio Frequency (RF) module that allows transmission and retrieval of information to an RF Base Station Module attached to a PC
The ShockLog 298 Data Logger is suited to be placed on applications involving:
- Automotive Parts (i.e. motors, pumps, engines, transmissions),
- Energy (i.e. oil and gas drilling, power transformers, nuclear materials)
- Defence and Aviation (i.e. lasers, missiles, aircraft engines, satellites)
- Medical and Research (i.e. lab equipment, MRI machines, dental chairs, x-ray equipment)
- Transportation (i.e. rail cars, cranes, trucking fleets)