The Stretch Film is a highly stretchable plastic that features an unbeatable puncture resistance and high load retention characteristics. The plastic film also ensures that parcel and product are protected from dust, moisture and water. It also reduces the possibility of tampering during transit.
Advantages of the Stretch Film
- Cost compelling – Stretch film is far cheaper in comparison to its other alternative and has managed to keep many stocks damage-free during transit.
- Top-quality protection – The film ensures that products are protected against dust, dirt and moisture, minimising shipping damage. It also reduces the possibility of theft and pilferage.
- Efficient – It allows items to be easily scanned through optics. Easy-to-wrap as well, this helps to improve the efficiency and productivity of workers.
- Recyclable – The film can be recycled in most scenarios.
Types of Strech films
Stech films come in different grade thickness, weight and widths. Choosing the type from the diverse range of stretch films would depend on its required application.
- Anti- Static stretch film
Stretch firms that come with anti-static properties to reduce the amount of static generated when wrapping to protect ESD sensitive products such as electronics and flammable materials.
- Machine stretch film
Machine Stretch films are used together with a stretch wrap machine and commonly used in factories that require high volumes of packaging. Using machine stretch films increases productivity and cost savings on material usage. The speed of the machine and the level of stretchability of the stretch wrap machine would be one of the main factors on the thickness required.
- Hand stretch film
Hand stretch film used with products that are required to be wrapped manually by humans and often with little weight goods, commonly used for household packing or companies that have small volumes of products.
- Coloured stretch film
Colour stretch films which designed to be resistant to puncture allows easy indication of products in the warehouse. The quick identification of product packaging will reduce the rate of picking incorrect goods.
- VCI stretch film
Vapour Corrosion Inhibitor(VCI) stretch films limits oxidation of metals from preventing rust increasingly shelf life the products. Ideal for odd-shaped or large metal parts that require rust prevention.
For bulk or custom specifications, feel free to contact our packaging engineers to help with your requirements. Find out more about Stretch films our blog.