Premium Metal-Guard® VCI Masking Film is a pressure-sensitive and adhesive corrosion inhibitor film. When applied, the film fixates firmly to the metal surfaces and can be removed without the worry of residue. The VCI film functions as a temporary barrier for metals throughout the manufacturing process and logistic supply chain. This bluish transparent film is made of durable acrylic that is odourless, lightweight and non-toxic.
This durability of the acrylic allows the film to withstand cutting, stretching, bending, stamping or roll forming, which makes it ideal for heavy-duty industrial equipment, metal fabrications and polished or uneven surfaces. When in indoor conditions, the protection can last up to 6 months. Not only is the film capable of preventing corrosion, but it also allows workers to inspect the content without exposing the metals too.
Benefits of VCI Masking Film
- Protects metal surfaces from physical scratches, marring and corrosion
- Designed for temporary protection of exposed metal surfaces during manufacture, storage and shipment
- Strong, transparent film protects the metal against defects and prevents corrosion for up to 6 months indoors.
Use the Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor Masking Film when
- The metal surface needs to remain corrosion-free and flawless until ready for use,
- It is labour-intense or impractical to rework, repaint and remove surface imperfections by hand,
- Quality of the finished part plays a crucial role in a quality system.
Take a look at other VCI films here.